Keanu Reeves is what I call the most luckiest man in Hollywood. He is not a great actor, not very bright and has been extremely lucky when he did Speed with my girl Sandra Bullock years ago.
Because of that and Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventures, he was able to remain an A-lister. People scoff at me when I say Keanu Reeves is one of my top favorite actors and I don’t understand why they do that.
One friend said, ” He’s really dumb and he can’t act! What will people think of you when you tell them he’s your favorite actor?”
Well, he’s my favorite for approximately three reasons which is: he’s HOT, he says socially awkward things and he pulls of romantic movies off well ie The Lake House.
I collected a list of my top 10 favorite socially awkward quotes by Keanu Reeves that I feel are extremely quotable:
- “Do they? I don’t know. I haven’t checked it out, you know. I don’t like go home and like…”Google” me.
- “I am not handsome or sexy. Of course, it’s not like I am hopeless.”
- “When I read in US Weekly the other day that she was fifty-nine, … I was like, ‘whoa, dude, no way she’s old enough to be my mother.’ Being with somebody that old is like committing incest, only you’re not related.”
- “Can you get halfway around the world? Can you do a walking trail of the movie?”
- “I got smelled, … we had a lovely conversation, and I was in.”
- “What is the Matrix?”
- “What would happen if you melted? You know, you never really hear this talked about much, but spontaneous combustion? It exists! [People] burn from within… sometimes they’ll be in a wooden chair and the chair won’t burn, but there’ll be nothing left of the person. Except sometimes his teeth. Or the heart. No one speaks about this, but its for real.”
- “[when told he’d have to “bite the bullet”] Yes, but I don’t have to eat the whole rifle.”
- “I’m Mickey Mouse. They don’t know who’s inside the suit.”
- “My name can’t be THAT tough to pronounce!”